Sunday, October 26, 2014

The story inside this book


I found this wooden book box at the dollar store. It already had the fabric on it and the printed roses. I immediately knew what the story insde this book was going to be about.

Let me tell you a bit more about out it . The title of the book is Au Bonheur des Dames. Which roughly translates into "  where ladies get happy" . From the pictures you can probably tell that we are talking about Paris. I added the plaque and because I am a terrible painter I made the lettering using miniature alphabet pasta. Does not it look good ?  The labels I found on the internet and I felt they were perfect for the book. The ladies picture was stuck behind a plastic door stopper and then framed inside an old ring.





Then I went on to decorate the inide of the book. I felt the old catalogue  pages from the  19th century were just pefect for my book. I scanned them from a book that I own and then printed them on the computer. I aged them by dragging a used tea bag over them.   I cut the paqges into pieces and decoupaged them inside the book using Mod Podge. For now we are leaving the book to dry and I will tell you more about it a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment